Thursday, November 26, 2009

Just watched the Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin in it.

Tradition says it can't hold up to the original (more serious comedy) or its Peter Sellers sequels (which were more slapstick), but I couldn't help but laugh at a few things.

"Don't you feel alone?"
"Not since I found the Internet."
Steve Martin does fine as the senseless, slapstick-mode Clouseau, and I think only my young age might let me get away with saying he's potentially on par with Peter Sellers in the role; I really think it's the script and the poorly-done special effects that bring down the movie. It does give an interesting perspective of the type of person this Clouseau might be, though: Focused on details, but sees a completely different set from those around him, and has misplaced priorities in other areas. Also has an intellectual understanding of form and social protocol, but a major disconnect between his intellect and actions.

Of course, the classic big band Pink Panther theme is a pleasure to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment