Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So I've put in nearly 3000 miles on my car in the last two weeks.

Two solid runs of 1000 miles, a solid(ish) run of about 450 miles, and, just Monday morning, a solid run of about 300 miles.

I think she (the car) likes it; she didn't give me a single complaint. I like driving distance. I'm looking forward to putting more miles on her at the right opportunities.

I have a family member who's pushing her car (A '91) to hit the 500k mark, and it's almost there. My 1996 Buick Regal has about 130k on it, but I'm not pushing for a mile marker, I'm pushing for 2016, when it will be 20 years old. Theoretically, it'd be eligible for a Michigan historical vehicle license. I bet I can still have her running as well as she is today. I get anywhere from 26 to 38 mpg, depending on road conditions and how I drive, but I haven't tracked my mileage too closely.

I like my car. We work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment