Sunday, March 14, 2010

[StepMania] I've still got it. [blogging] LJ and ping.fm

So I fired up StepMania again on Saturday. It'd been over a year since I'd played. Life's been busy, opportunity slim, the pad needed tuning, and opportunity has been slim.

I dropped into stepmania a couple weeks ago and got the compile issue resolved; they gave me a revision to update to that worked great. Saturday, I tuned the pad.

Fired up StepMania, and all was good.

I gave a run through a few DDR 2nd mix and DDR 3rd mix songs, Franka Potente's "Believe", and a couple variants of Sonic the Hedgehog songs. (Most of those songs make pretty good hard techno. I'd venture a guess it's because of the hardware they were originally written to play from.)

I've discovered that the only thing that really stops me from getting a good score on a five-foot song is how many songs I played leading up to it; my read speed and agility are good, but I need to work on my endurance so I can get more songs out.

I also need to work on breathing while I dance; three breaths for a 120s song is probably not a healthy rate. This is supposed to be aerobic exercise, not anaerobic.

In other news, I've finally got posting to LJ working decently. I write to my post-by-email address, copy the message body into a text editor, replace n (or rn, if I'm on a Windows box) with
, and paste that into ping.fm. Then I send the original message.

Conveniently, this gives me a place to put draft posts, even though I'm using ping.fm. Very nice.

(And while LJ strips my email signature, I leave it in for the ping.fm posts. I like it. That's why it's my signature.)

--
:wq

No comments:

Post a Comment