Sunday, December 20, 2009

Computer cable rerouting and bundling (and pics)

I rerouted some cabling, replacing a hodgepodge of miscellaneous SATA cables with a bunch 90-degree-ended cables I'd bought from Digi-Key.

This is the best I can do for now, until I get another SATA controller (so I can use SATA instead of PATA fo that bottom drive) and replace the power supply with one with modular cables.

Cable rerouting



Poking around the inside of my computer

Nighttime blues

In a pinch, I also wound up using some blue electrical tape to bind a coil of some other cable. I wrapped it sticky-side out, then doubled over and wrapped it sticky-side in. Net effect is that it's just rubbery plastic, no sticky adhesive anywhere.

electrical tape for temporary binding

No comments:

Post a Comment