Friday, October 9, 2009

A ballad of Rest.

This story beings,
late one night
At a little bar,
under dim light
I was feeling kinda itchy
And I wanted to make a request

So I knocked on the door
Guy looked at me
And I said, hey, it's Clem
Can't you see?
I've come to spend some money.
And he said
Four oh one.

So I stepped back
Grabbed my cell
Called a friend
Sweet little belle
Figurin' I'd treat that as a three-oh-five.

Few minutes later
Coulda' been ten
A "five oh four"
Is what it'da been
That door opened
Guy said "two hundred"

So in I walked
Smokey and dim
Sat down, looked around
And that was when
I saw a great little gal

I flagged her over
Gave her a tip
Asked her home
She bit her lip
Glanced around, and said "four oh two"

I was a bit startled
This wasn't my night
I looked around
Saw her pal
And I steeled myself for a fight

I said "five oh three"
She said "two oh six"
I said "four oh six"
And she threw a fit
That's when her pal made his way down.

He looked at me
Said "four twelve"
I looked at him
Then said, "well
I don't figure you'd take a three-oh-seven"

He grabbed my shirt
Said "five oh one
and you sir
are gonna be less one"
And he threw me across the room.

I landed on my feet
I was two hundred
But this situation
I'd two oh one'd
Was being two oh two'd
By the people in the room.

I looked around
I had three hundred.
First guy to move
I three oh one'd
Three oh two
Shouted "three oh three!"

Then I saw him
A clear three-oh-four.
I was quaking in my boots
Wanted three-oh-five
But tonight he was four oh four.

Things were gonna one-oh-one
But that was when
The lights turned out
And I four-ten'd
Thankful for the three oh seven.

I made my way home
My brain five-oh-three'd
And at my front door
Who did I see?
But that sweet little belle
And she was happy to see me.

She took me upstairs
Treated my wounds
Chastised me for my tastes
I fell in love
With a different three oh two.

I popped the question
Got a two oh two
Then I asked again
Got a two oh six
Again a while later,
I got a two oh one.

So we got married
And we had a kid
The story goes on
But one day I caught him with
A computer. And a half dozen programs.

I asked him, "Son,
What is it
That you want to become?"
And he said
"That's easy, pa!
A web designer!"

Well, I guess life is stranger
Than the stories inspired
'Cause that little boy
With all his desires
Wanted nothing more
than to code all day.

I looked at him
A twinkle in my eye
And I said, "Son,
I reckon this is why
God made the world this way."

No comments:

Post a Comment