Friday, May 22, 2009

The coolest photo I've taken to date. (<1024x768 version)

Moo

I happened across a site that asked people to take pictures of themselves and some sort of association with the word "MOO", without faking it. (i.e. without digital alterations, I suppose. They said "put some work into it, like the rest of us.")

I don't have an external flash, nor do I have an external snap trigger. To get this image, I had the word MOO display on my laptop screen, and used the magnifying glass you see in the picture to focus the projection of the image on my laptop screen onto my face.

I couldn't find my tripod, so I had to set up my camera across the room, use the autofocus to focus it on the chair where my head would be, set the camera to manual focus, turn off the lights, set the snap delay to 10 seconds, then hightail it back to the chair and get the magnifying glass in position.

To make sure the "MOO" was focused and in the right place when the snap took place, I had the electronic viewfinder hooked up to my 22" LCD TV, so I could see and get it focused.

The camera was set to shutter priority, ISO64, with a 4sec shutter speed, and the camera was allowed to select an appropriate aperture setting. I had to turn up the brightness on my laptop screen so that enough unfocused light would fall that my face could be seen in addition to the MOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment