Sunday, May 3, 2009

Setting up a couple of planets...

So I'm going to be setting up a couple of planets. One for RC folks when they write an RC-related blog entry, and another for my local LUG.

I thought of the LUG planet idea because while our mailing list was once used for technical ruminations and questions, that sort of thing gets relegated to personal blogs these days. Soon, we'll be able to aggregate any tech rumination blogs, and start the LUG discussion mechanisms turning again. (And while I've thought of it and mentioned the possibility, I haven't yet gotten the yea or nay for emailing aggregated items to the mailing list; There are likely folk there who aren't particularly interested in interacting with RSS or blog commenting systems.)

So I've got two planets to set up, and one Slice. And the definitive planet software assumes one-planet-per-system configuration, or at least doesn't have very good documentation on how to do more than that.

The nice thing is that the planet software should be extremely low-footprint, as far as slice resources are concerned; It periodically creates static files, and those files are what get served up.

No comments:

Post a Comment